We are looking for a full-time LAMP stack software developer with at least 3 years of experience developing software and managing systems inside AWS. The role is an all-encompassing technical role, including lots of software development in a fast pace startup environment with changing priorities. An applicant should be comfortable wearing many hats, and working on both front-end (HTML, CSS, JS/JQuery) and back-end (PHP, MySQL, Zend Framework, and some Python) simultaneously.
- Development skills in Python
- Ability to write queries in MySQL from scratch
- Ability to manage multiple web and data applications in a Linux based environment
- Knowledge of Amazon AWS concepts like EC2, RDS, and Cloudsearch
- Some experience designing, brainstorming and contributing to developing system architecture
- Some experience with agile methodologies
- Comfortability in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and multitasking
- Strong work ethic, interpersonal skills & attitude of a team player
- Strong focus on business results, sustainable systems & code, and a desire to learn & make the most of new technologies
- Experience with data mining & web crawling
- Experience & knowledge of SEO
- Experience developing search engines
- Experience with analytics & integrated marketing tools
- Experience with Atlassian products like JIRA
- You are a collector!
What is Collexion?
Collexion.com is an online destination for collectors to find and share their passions! We developed an advanced search engine to make finding items to collect easier and faster. Collexion is a young company created by experienced entrepreneurs, corporate executives and avid collectors. We are based in Portland, OR, in the downtown / PSU area. We are wrapping up our seed round of financing and are focused on the next stage of business growth.